The resources

Monday, July 21, 2008

My home is a veritable treasure trove of health and fitness resources. To wit,

5 Books on strength training
15 Healthy Cookbooks
9 Pilates DVD’s
7 Strength Training DVD’s
4 Aerobic-based DVD’s
2 Health and/or Fitness magazine subscriptions
A Bowflex machine
A Treadmill with all the bells and whistles
A stability ball
Ankle Weights
Aerobic steps
6 Sets of dumbbells in the 1-20 pound range
Select-Tech adjustable dumbbells
Piles and piles of relevant information printed from the internet

So with all of these tools available to me, the question becomes: Why don’t I have an ass you can bounce a quarter off of?

The answer, my friend, is because I am lazy and disorganized and have a short attention span.

I live for the planning; it’s the execution that’s my downfall.

Resolved: I will spend NO MORE THAN 2 HOURS going through my resources and developing an exercise plan for the coming month. I will not decide I need new cross-trainers or a cute exercise outfit first. I will not buy even one more book. And I will just. do. it.

Sigh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my house. Except I have a Nordic Trak, the Firm tapes, and some other junk. That I never use. And a lifetime membership to a health club. That I never use. And another membership that we just bought. That my daughter uses for swimming lessons. I'm thinking about yoga one of these days.

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

I've been thinking about yoga, too. Maybe I'll buy a DVD :)

Cyndi said...

LOL, I knew we were soulmates. Well, if the road to hell is paved with good intentions, maybe we can be roommates there.

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

You bring the margaritas...