A match made in heaven?

Sunday, August 3, 2008

As the self-proclaimed Fiber Queen and a lover of all things pasta, I got very excited when I heard of a line of pasta that combines high fiber, a low calorie count, and a reasonable price. Add to that the fact that these products have been receiving rave reviews all over the internet and you know I’ve got to try it.

Fiber Gourmet offers a variety of pasta products that have a per serving calorie count averaging around 130 and fiber content between 18 and 20 grams.

Not only do they have macaroni and cheese, they also have five varieties of nested fettucine (classic, whole wheat, spinach, tomato and garlic parsley), Nested fettucine is an awesome idea for the lazy among us. Each nest is two to three ounces which will save me the trouble of dragging out the food scale and weighing.

It’s like nirvana, baby.

I’ll be ordering some this week and I’ll let you know if it really is as good as “everyone” claims it to be. But really, how could we go wrong?

6 comments:

Dave Darren said...

"But really, how could we go wrong?"

We could go wrong if it's like eating cardboard. Let us know what you think.

One of my pasta-related favorites is Amy's Macaroni & Soy Cheeze frozen entree. I went from making fun of the stuff to being completely addicted to it.

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

Hah! That's exactly what I thought when I was writing that! I've had some that were less than great, but this one seems to have possibilities.

I hear lots of good things about Amy's, but it requires a road trip for me to get to where it is sold.

Anonymous said...

hmmmm . . . sounds like it could be yummy! Where do you get it?

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

Amy's? I think you can get that at Whole Foods.

Anonymous said...

No, fiber gourmet.

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

You can order it on-line - or if you go to their website there is a store finder. None in my area, of course. :(