Christmas ideas already?

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I was all set to post a couple of interesting kitchen thingamabobs I had found, when I stumbled across this VERY COOL product that I thought was so fun I just had to share it. It’s designed for little girls (ages 8+), but I can see myself shoving my granddaughter (oh, so gently) out of the way so I can play, too.

It’s the Barbie Digital Nail Printer, part of Mattel’s new “beautronics” line. The Nail printer, which hooks up to your computer, will print images directly onto fingernails in about 10-15 seconds per nail using thermal inkjet technology and specially-formulated cosmetic grade ink. The designs will last for several days, or longer if you apply a top coat.

There will be thousands of designs included with the Barbie software and you will be able to see a live preview of the chosen image. Your own pictures can even be uploaded!


Because it’s not going to be available until Fall of 2009, there are no details yet on pricing for the unit itself or for ink refills.

Keep your eyes peeled for this thing to hit the shelves because I suspect it’s going to be HOT, HOT, HOT next Christmas. And I for sure want one under my tree to buy one for my granddaughter.

10 comments:

Nana said...

It's never too early for Christmas ideas!! That is pretty awesome.
I think the Bacon Chicken Bake will work w/ 1/2 lb. I tell you we were smacking hands like crazy!

Camevil said...

That is neat-o. Finally, I can paint mudflap chicks on my nails. Oh man, these photoshop ideas keep coming.

Cyndi said...

Ooh, does this have Annamarie written all over it. Does it print in more than one color?

Anonymous said...

Very cool.

Michelle said...

Looks very neat, but how does it know where to put the ink? I would seriously have at least 1/2 of my design on my fingertips instead of my nails! But that might just be me....

The Blonde Duck said...

Stopped in from SITS. How cool!

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

oooh, I don't have a daughter, but maybe I'll just keep an eye out for this lovely product anyway...!

Thanks for visiting my blog. BTW, your theme doesn't have to be the same as mine! It's a free-for-all, I should have been more clear. Thanks for participating.

Melissa S. said...

lol you love anything that hooks up to a computer!

bonnieboatwright@gmail.com said...

My nieces would love this!

Michelle said...

Oh that is so incredibly cool. I can't wait to see what the designs are. And since Little Miss is only three, I won't even be hiding that it's totally for me!

And thank you so much for coming to visit my blog on my SITS day. Today has been so much fun and so lovely to see the response and fun comments. I really appreciate it. I hope you enjoyed my blog and come back to visit soon!