Tuesday Tidbits: Bloggy Business

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

As you may have noticed, yesterday I had the honor of being the Featured Blogger over at SITS, which was so fun you cannot even imagine. The last time I checked my email, I had well over 300 new comments on my blog – and, holy cow! look at all those new followers! Fun, fun, fun! All the SITS Girls are amazing and I really appreciate all the comment love they bestowed upon me.

I am trying to respond to every comment (quite the daunting task) – and here’s where today’s tidbit comes in (thanks to Brandy, who clued me in on this one last month – I had no idea):

You know how you can get your blog comments emailed to you? Sure you do, everyone knows that. But did you further know that a blogger can only reply to your comment via email if you have set up your account to receive those replies? I did not know this, which means anytime someone was nice enough to attempt to reply to my comment they were slapped with a “No-reply comment” in the address field of the email.

So how do you fix this? In Blogger, go to your Dashboard. Next to your picture, click “Edit Profile” and then click the box that says “Show my Email Address”. If you don’t want people to be able to see your email address, but would like a response to your comments via email, you can always set up a free email account with Yahoo or Google just for this purpose.

Check it out – you might be surprised at how many responses you’ll get to your comments once you have this set up!

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome. I will have to check that out. I do have my comments emailed to me...which is great cause my emails come to my phone. It hasn't been that overwhelming yet...I am still so very new!!!!


Oh yeah and I went to the Everyday Minerals site because of your post and ordered a kit....Thanks!!! I can't wait to try it out!!

Unknown said...

I had no clue I could do that - I'm gonna have to check that out! Thanks for the info!

I didn't get over here yesterday to say Congrats on being the SITS girl of the day :) sorry!

Diva Scrapper said...

Congrats on being a Saucy Feature...stopping by from SITS.
Have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day...may your day be filled with rainbow colors, your pockets with golden coins and most of all may your beer tonight be GREEN!

Glenda, saved by grace said...

Thanks for the tip. I (also) ordered my everyday minerals sample pack.
Thank you!

Unknown said...

Way to go, Saucy!!! That's so exciting!!!! :)

Brandy said...

Preach it! I love when I can respond my email...it's especially nice when you are the SITS FB and you get lovingly bombarded with comments! LOL!

Happy St. Paddy's to you! Oh and thanks for the linky love!

Anonymous said...

Wow! did not know that, will change my blog right away

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Visiting from Sits, what a great blog, the nutrition info is wonderful. Thank you!

Rosie said...

Hi there, visiting from SITS...Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Leah said...

Happy SITS day! :)

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Jelly Belly,
Just wanted to say it's so good to be your bloggy friend. I really like you're blog. I'm so glad that I met you through SITS!!!

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

Awww, thank you so much; that's so sweet!

Debbie said...

I'm a day late but I wanted to say congrats on being featured on SITS!

The Hapa Girl said...

Congrats on being featured! Although, I already knew how cool you were before!

Mrsfatface said...

Congrats on being the featured blogger! I agree all the SITS Girls are amazing!

Anonymous said...

I'm a strangler from SITS.

I have a dream that some day bloggers everywhere will link up their e-mail to their comments. ;)

Congratulations on the feature and yay for all that comment love.

Melissa said...

Wow! Thanks for the comment tip! I will look into that!

Thank you for stopping by to visit my bloggy and welcome me to SITS! I know I'm just gonna love it!

Cheers!

Girl Tornado said...

I'm always disappointed when I can't reply to someone directly (I do have mine set up for email reply)... great idea to tip everyone to this in your post! :)

Anonymous said...

Comments and emails are awesome.

Annelie said...

Stopping by from SITS! Congrats on your sits day!

Michelle said...

Great tip! You should link this to Works for Me Wednesday at We are That Family. http://www.wearethatfamily.com/2009/03/wfmw-easy-spring-wreath.html

Green said...

Congrats on being a featured SITSta!

2Shaye ♪♫ said...

Oh wow! I had no idea! I'll have to go fix that. I just didn't want my email addy being advertised. But this is good to know, especially as a new SITS participant who may be inviting new visitors to my blog regularly! LOL

Tammigirl said...

Gosh I didn't know this. I wondered how some bloggers were taking the time to email me in response to my comments. Seemed like a lot of work to me. Now I'll have to try it myself.

Thanks for welcoming my suck/rock blog to sits.

I have a giveaway going on my other blog. Drop by and enter!

http://ifyoucouldseewhatisee.blogspot.com