The line to kick my ass forms on the left...

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Eight hundred and seventy two unread items in my Google reader make it clear. I am a bad, bad blogger. Even worse, I am a bad, bad, bloggy friend. I was determined to catch up with all of your posts tonight. But, holy crap, people – 872 unread items is A LOT!

So, what to do? I guess I just have to start all over. Feeling overcome by guilt isn’t helping me to get anything written OR read. So feel free to swing by and give me the good, swift kick I deserve. Then we can just move along and pretend the last few weeks never happened.

As you may or may not know, ever since I had that freaking root canal, I’ve been a mess. Maybe when the dentist killed the nerve in my tooth, she disconnected something in my brain. I’ll have to talk to her about that - and ask her to please hook it back up. But she seems to charge $1000 for everything, so maybe I can’t afford it.

Over the past couple of weeks I’ve been obsessed with three things: My weight, my hair and my skin in general (and my monstrously huge pores in particular). It’s this self-absorbed shallowness that’s kept me to myself lately. I think I’m over it now. Mostly. There are only a few more products left on the market that I can still buy to address these issues. My Q-Card has been given quite a workout lately. Especially last Saturday when everything on QVC was on Five Easy Payments. Those Five Easy Payments will kill you. I only think of the first ones and tend to forget about the final four. Five Easy Pay Day just about topped out my card. Sigh. No more buying for me. I’m going to have to continue this self-improvement kick using only the products (a lot) currently in my stash.

On the plus side, I’ve got lots of really nice products to tell you about, so you may see more posts that have to do with skincare and makeup than dieting and exercise. I may have to temporarily change my tagline to “health, nutrition and personal grooming.”

Okay, so on to the dieting update…You may recall that I decided not to weigh myself for three weeks. I don’t know if that was a good or a bad idea, but I did my first weigh-in yesterday and I am down 5.2 pounds. So, not too bad. One-third of the way there. Of course I probably gained it all back when we went out to dinner tonight for Father’s Day. Chicken-fried steak, anyone? But I will not look at the scale for another three weeks, so I won’t know how much damage that actually did. Ignorance is bliss.

Over the next three weeks I intend to plan every single bite that I will be eating and to get moving with the exercise. All I’m looking for is at least 30 minutes a day on the treadmill. Hopefully, that will be enough to knock off the next 5 pounds.

Overall, I’m feeling pretty good about the weight issue…but eeeek! - my HAIR!!!!

Coming up: A surprising review of a diet product.

15 comments:

mommakin said...

Yeah, when my RSS feed gets backed up like that sometimes I just have to gulp, hit mark all as read, and start over.

Give yourself a break.

That being said, you HAVE assuredly been missed, and I, for one, am sure glad to see you back!

Housewife Savant said...

Start fresh, (after reading everything at Housewife Savant and a handful of other lurvely blogs.)

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Take your eyes off that pesky real life nonsense and recognize all the bloggy love comin' your way.

I'm glad you're back.

2Shaye ♪♫ said...

Yeah, I've been there, too. My reader gives me this ginormous number and I flip through quickly to see if there are any titles that I just can't miss. Then I'll start over fresh after hitting the "read all" button. I imagine a lot of people end up doing that as I'll have readers come and go. It's part of the blogosphere, so don't fret.

Boy do I have a root canal story to share some time. Not tonight, of course. With your 800 some odd posts to read, I imagine the last thing you want to be reminded of is a root canal. So I'll just calmly back away from your comments section. But...I'm just glad you're still with us. :)

~Shaye

Shelley said...

I don't know what a "reader" does, but I'm glad I don't have one, or after the last 10 days I'd probably be in your boat!

Congrats on the 5.2 pounds lost! Looking forward to your QVC reviews - I don't even turn on that channel anymore, as I used to get so sucked in and buy, buy, buy!

kristisummer said...

congrats on the nice loss. That every 3 week rule is a good idea. I want to hear about your products.

Patty said...

Yeah, hit "read all" and move on JB! I like what Momma Miller said...it is part of the blogosphere!

congrats on the nice number on the scale and bet you see even a nicer one in three weeks. I am planning on cracnking it up too over the next several weeks. And I look forward to anyy skin care help you can pass along!

Patty said...

Wow...I should have went to bed a hour ago...that is "cranking" it up and "way"...not "wayy".

Lisa said...

Welcome back! :)

Laura said...

You are lame! :) does that make all your guilt worth it? OK then answer my email I sent you about a week ago and I'll forgive you.

Miz said...

totally why I dont have a reader :)

too too much pressure and I KNOW ID FEEL GUILTY!!

Theresa said...

Great progress on the weight loss! You keep up the good work and give us all the tips and tricks to being gorgeous. We all need help:)

Ree said...

So, I went to the gyno on Friday and was FRIGHTENED by my weight. I don't think I've ever weighed this much. Well...wait. Maybe when I was 9 months pregnant. But no, I don't think so.

ANNYYYWAYYYYYY, I'm shooting for 24 lbs before my visit next year. Two lbs/month = completely doable right? Even with my crappy schedule and my love of vodka?

Any hints?

Pseudo said...

Yep. Just start all over. sometimes catching up is too overwhelming.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Trying to catch up can put you in a hole you will never escape! Yeah, start clean and fresh.

Enjoyed the post about your eyebrow products! :-D
Path to Health

BetteJo said...

Wow! And I thought getting up to almost 200 was bad. And boy do I feel guilty when that happens. But like everybody said - all you CAN do is start over. Good luck with all the rest.