Taking the plunge

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Yesterday I took the exercise plunge. I gave myself a warm-up by first removing assorted clothing and piles of books from the treadmill. With the warm-up thus completed, I got on. And it was good.

Then I turned it on.

For some reason, the last time I had been actively using the treadmill I thought it was a really swell idea to do “interval training”. For those of you not familiar with this concept, it involves walking at a nice steady pace for a few minutes and then being brought to the brink of myocardial infarction for the next few minutes when the treadmill automatically speeds up. I guess this is supposed to be good for your heart. [shrugs]

After a short pause while I worked diligently on not dying, I tried to reset it to a pace more in keeping with my physical capabilities. Being mechanically challenged, I got nowhere. And why the heck DO you need 15 different programs on a frigging treadmill anyway?

Where IS that damned manual?

Maybe tomorrow I’ll see if I can find it in the pile of books stacked up on the Bowflex.

0 comments: