The unfortunate water incident

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Subtitle: Don't Let This Happen to You

About a year before I got serious about it, I had made a half-hearted attempt at Weight Watchers, joining with a friend from work and weighing in every Monday at lunchtime. (We didn’t attend the meetings; we just showed up, weighed in, cried, and then went back to work.)

So one Monday I decided it would be a really good idea to flush any excess fat out of my system by drinking a TON of water prior to our weigh in. I drank a full gallon of water between 9:00 and 11:45 a.m. Can you see where this might not have been the brightest idea?

I happily got on the scale, anticipating spectacular results from my brilliant plan. Ummm, that isn’t exactly how it all panned out.

The Weight Watchers employee, pen poised to record my fantastic weight drop, seemed confused. She looked at her readout again and then suggested I get off the scale and get back on. A 6.5 pound GAIN was not was I was expecting. How embarrassing.

I tried to explain about the water, but I don’t think she believed me.

The positive side of this unfortunate incident was that the following week I was down 8 pounds and was a weight watchin’ hero!

Another valuable lesson learned.

1 comments:

Human Microbiome Search Engine said...

that's hilarious. thanks for sharing.