Organic, vegan, kosher AND delicious!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

True North is a relatively new (introduced in 2008) line of snack foods that is just a little different from your average, run-of-the-mill chips and crackers.

Made with all natural ingredients and containing at least 5g of protein per serving, they are certified organic, vegan and kosher. So far, so good, right? Here’s the best part: Nuts! Nut clusters and nut chips! Yeah, I know, nut clusters are nothing new, but what about nut chips? Where the first ingredient listed is the actual nut?

The clusters are available in peanut, almond and an almond/pecan/peanut combo.

I am trying really hard to give up refined sugar and white flour, so when I saw the ingredients list on the almond clusters, I got so excited I almost wet myself:

Almonds, Brown Rice Syrup, Organic Sugar, and Sea Salt.

Now that’s cool. A little sugar fix that I don’t have to feel too guilty about. And when they say, “Just a hint of sweetness,” they aren’t kidding. A very subtle taste. I bought the almond clusters and I can honestly say they are going to be one of my favorite new snacks. I shared some with a few people in the office (but not too many; I’m selfish with my snack foods) and everyone else loved them, too.

The nut chips kind of look like those veggie crisp crackers, but you can see the actual nut in the chip. They are available in pistachio, peanut and almond.


Pistachio? Did someone say pistachio? One of my favorite nuts. And at only 140 calories per 1 ounce serving (about 12 crisps) I’ll take that over a 100-calorie pack any day.

It looks like they are available pretty much everywhere, so check their site to see where you can get them (I got mine at Kroger). I haven’t tried the chips yet, but the clusters are definitely a winner.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I haven't seen these anywhere. They look great! You always find the goodies. Happy T-giving!

My Year Without said...

Wow! Just in time to curb my sweet tooth craving! Thanks for sharing. I depend on sugar-free treats like this to get me through my year of going without sugar. These nut clusters sound delicious.

Thank you! Thank you!