More sweet talk: Organic maple flakes

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Isn’t this exciting? Another option for those of us seeking to avoid refined sugars and artificial sweeteners (MyYearWithout, are you listening?)!

Equinox Organic Maple Flakes are a natural sweetener, preservative-free and with three times fewer calories than an equal quantity of refined sugar.

Made in Canada, these flakes, advertised as “delicious and crunchy” must be incredibly popular, because they are sold out everywhere. They are normally carried at Amazon and igourmet, but are currently out of stock. So now I want them even more.

The flakes are available (and I use the term “available” loosely) in the original maple flavor or a cranberry maple flavor and are $5.99 for a 4-ounce package. Which apparently goes a long way, as you only need to use a very small amount.

So what do you do with organic maple flakes? You can use them in your oatmeal or other cereal, mix with plain yogurt, sprinkle over ice cream, top pancakes or waffles (skip the sticky maple syrup mess) or even shake onto your salmon.




Also cool – and also out of stock? The Maple Flakes Mill ($11.99) which allows you to grind your flakes to a fine or coarse consistency.


Can’t wait to get my hands on these. They sound like a sure winner.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Let me know what you think when you get them. They sound wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Me too.

Cyndi said...

Where do you find out about these things? Very interesting and I will be waiting for a follow-up.

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

Oh, I have my secret sources...LOL

Seriously, I really DID want to try this before I posted, but I thought it was so interesting I didn't want to wait for it to become available again.

Every Gym's Nightmare said...

Maple flakes- sounds interesting. ill keep an eye out!

Kelly Turner
www.everygymsnightmare.com