Kitchen Tip: Aluminum Foil

Friday, January 2, 2009

Did you know that each and every box of aluminum foil has a little triangular shaped notch at each end that you are supposed to push in to lock your roll of foil into place?



If you guys tell me you already knew this, I am going to feel like the biggest dunderhead in the history of the planet. Almost fifty years of chasing foil around the kitchen and I never even suspected there was a hidden secret to neatly unrolling the stuff.


No, that is not my hand, so keep your comments about “man hands” to yourself.

The Target brand of aluminum foil also has the tabs. Saran Wrap, too. My Reynolds waxed paper did not, but since I’ve had that same box of waxed paper since approximately 1987, I am not entirely surprised.

I am so anxious to go cover something in Saran Wrap now. I wonder what Mr. Jelly Belly is doing….

6 comments:

Michelle said...

LOL! If it makes you feel any better, I just figured this out a year or so ago.

Anonymous said...

A notch? Really?

bonnieboatwright@gmail.com said...

i.had.no.idea.

Thank you!

Tanya said...

I read this at twopeas and literally ran to the kitchen to see if mine had it. I showed Rich right away and he looked at me like I was insane, lol. Still, what a cool tip :)

Thank you for the kind words at my blog, my dear friend. Love ya :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I have never noticed that notch before. Thanks for enlightening me :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, everyone - I don't feel quite so bad now. :)