Brandy, Not Your Average Soccer Mom and a very funny person to boot, posted a somewhat complicated but worth it recipe on her blog yesterday. Maybe she didn’t realize, but her recipe is the go-to cake recipe of Weight Watchers members everywhere. Or perhaps she did. How would I know?
Anyhoo, sometimes you just want cake, even if it’s going to be really complicated to prepare, and sometimes you want variety. And sometimes you want a variety of cakes. Where am I going with this? Oh, I can’t remember – I’m just a tad bit hungover this morning and not entirely coherent.
Yes, I know – cake is not the healthiest food choice. But it’s Valentine’s Day. And I was too busy last night working on today’s hangover to put too very much thought into today’s post. So here are some variations on Brandy’s recipe.
Diet Soda Cake
1 (12oz.) can diet soda
1 box Cake Mix, dry
2 egg whites (optional, but some people saying adding this makes the cake fluffier)
Prepare pan (spray with Pam cooking spray) and heat oven according to package directions. Mix together and bake according to package directions for size of cake pan or cupcakes.
- spice cake mix w/ diet orange
- Banana cake mix w/ diet root beer
- lemon cake mix w/ diet 7-up
- Chocolate cake w/ Diet coke
- Lemon cake w/ Diet ginger ale
- orange cake w/diet Mountain Dew
- cherry chip cake w/ A& W diet Cream
- Lemon cake w/ Diet Lemon lime
- angel w/ Diet Orange
- White w/ Diet Orange
- yellow cake w/ Diet orange
- white cake w/ Diet Peach
- spice cake w/ diet lemon-lime
- White w/ diet ginger ale
- chocolate cake w/ Diet cherry coke
- devils food w/ diet vanilla coke
- chocolate cake w/ root beer
- marble cake w/ diet cream soda
- lemon with tangerine diet rite
- white cake mix w/ diet sprite
- Red Velvet w/ Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper
- Banana cake w/ diet root beer
- Pineapple cake w/ diet Squirt