Cutlery fun

Friday, March 20, 2009

I’ve come across quite a few interesting examples of cutlery lately. The run the gamut from the ridiculous to the sublime. You can decide for yourself which is which.

Now, I’m kind of dumb, so when I first saw these Salad Hands, I thought they were used to EAT your salad, not serve it. Either way, I think they’re kind of cute:



Also from the salad serving front, I love this Salad Plant. Unique and fun, it should perk up any table:

This Calamente Fork intrigues me and scares me at the same time. I’m sure I would pierce a nostril the first time I tried to shovel in some pasta:






Are your airplane noises alone not enough to get your fussy toddler (or, in my case, husband) to eat their vegetables? How about the Air Fork One?



Now I don’t know if this Sunny Side Up Cutlery is actually available anywhere yet, but I want it:




Although not technically cutlery, I find this Batter Finger silicone spatula rather odd on a couple of different levels. But I don’t really want to get into it, because it may just be me:

At first, The Snap and Dine may seem like a goofy idea, but look again. The more I think about outdoor eating events, the more sense it starts to make:



And finally, in the last and certainly least category, I am going to include these Finger Food Party Plates - only because I think they’re quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen (my apologies if you own these):

22 comments:

Housewife Savant said...

I'm FIRST!
First to tell you that your comments are Spot On.
The Batter Finger for sure.
How do you FIND these crazy gadgets?

Tanya said...

Lol! That last picture is funny. Most of these look pretty silly, but fun too. Happy Spring Jean!

Sandy said...

How does one come up with this stuff?

Anonymous said...

Ok, I HAVE to have the salad hands and the finger plates. That metal fork/knife combo is extremely scary.

Anonymous said...

The salad plant and Air Fork One are cute!! But I agree that the scary fork is just plain scary... and slightly dangerous.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that using those finger food plates would just result in spilling food all over?

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

Anne, i agree. iIf I wanted to carry food around on my fingers, I'd just stick black olives on them like I used to do when I was a kid. Or last week. :)

Sheryl said...

Where do you find these things? If anyone has used the finger food tray, I would like to know how it worked.

Have a great weekend.

Camevil said...

I want the airplane fork and I don't even have any kids!

You find the neatest stuff that puts a smile on my face. This totally made my Friday.

Camevil said...

Oh and I'm getting the batter finger spatula!

Julie said...

Love the airplane! I would totally dump the finger food right into the drink...seriously. Who has the much finger control for pete's sake??

2Shaye ♪♫ said...

Oh my...these are hilarious! THanks for the laugh. I'm new to SITS and came across your blog for the first time today. Nice to meet you in cyberspace and will be back again. :)

Shelby said...

These are funny! That batter finger is a bit on the strange side....

Thanks for visiting and welcoming me into SITS!

~T~ said...

Visiting from SITS! Those are some interesting utensils there! Have a great weekend!!

Brandy said...

It is NOT just you. :}

And the finger food trays are just dumb. I can see food landing in your drink everytime.

Michelle said...

I have been coveting those salad hands for a while. But I just can't justify them when my salad usually goes straight from the bag to the plates! LOL! And no, it's not just you on the spatula. That said, I'd still love one, just for the looks it would get me. ;)

theUngourmet said...

Found you on SITS! Those are too funny!

Shangrila said...

Okay, I NEED the Salad Plant-I am goo-goo for all things plant (and food!) related, plus that green is very close to the shade of my kitchen walls! All of the products are interesting (does that fork have a special purpose?) but I agree: the spat and the finger plates are...special, to say the least-lol!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I agree....Who sits around and thinks up these sorta things...LOL

Dumb Mom said...

The Calamente maybe my best bet. I see myself piercing my tongue in one of my desperate attempts at over indulgence, thereby rendering my insatiable appetite incapacitated. It is my only hope for getting off of this runaway fat train.

Girl Tornado said...

Thanks for a few hearty laughs... the scary fork is definitely scary. It may send way too many people to the emergency room. Air Fork One is pretty humorous. Um, the battery finger is just wrong on so many fronts. Snap and Dine makes sense, but it also made me laugh because it just looks so darned silly. And the finger food party plates -- nuf said.

Stereos and Souffles said...

The finger food plate is hilarious!! So the second you take a drink, your appetizer ends up on your nose.

Miranda said...

What you said about the batter finger cracked me up.

Interesting items you found.