I'm back...

Monday, March 30, 2009

It’s amazing how four little days away from home (and a two-hour time change) can really mess you up. The good news is that my mother, who had emergency surgery for an abscess in her small intestine due to diverticulitis (eat your fiber, people!) is doing much better and we expect she will finally be released from the hospital sometime this week.

The bad news is that I’m totally pooped – and not looking forward to playing catch-up at work today. Assuming I haven’t died by the time 5:00 finally rolls around this afternoon, I hope to get some writing done and catch up on my posting as well reading all of your posts that I’ve missed. And I really did miss them.

Do you think four straight days of nothing but junky food could be contributing to my feelings of poopedness? Seriously, my kingdom for a vegetable…

13 comments:

Tanya said...

Well, I'm glad you're back, even if you are one pooped out girl. 4 days of junk food sounds like heaven to me! Have a good day my dear!

Housewife Savant said...

I missed you. Welcome home.
Now get back to work and straighten out all of our misunderstandings about health and nutrition, PRONTO.

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Glad your Mom is going to be fine. Good to have you back.

Lisa said...

Welcome back! I'm happy to hear your mom is on the mend!

Cyndi said...

Oh, your poor mom! I'm glad she's doing well and I hope you'll get caught up on your rest soon. I am starting to feel a little draggy myself...I think the total lack of thyroid hormones is starting to catch up with me.

Sarah J. said...

I am sure junky food doesn't help matters. I know how you feel! I spent a week away from home tending some kids and it took OVER a week to recover! Get lots of rest!!!!

Sheryl said...

I love your pic. I feel like that a lot of times in the afternoon.

Glad to hear your mother is doing better.

Laura Marchant said...

Oh the hubs has that! It is horrible when it flares up.

Anonymous said...

That's good news about your mom. Rest up now.

Camevil said...

Sorry to hear about your mom. That can be so scary.

I have a friend who just had surgery last month for his diverticulitis. It is no walk in park.

Ree said...

So, did you intentionally use poopedness in a post where you mentioned diverticulitis? ;-)

Michelle said...

So glad your mom is on the mend. My dad has that and it can be horrible. I'm off to eat some fiber right now. ;) Get some rest, hon!

Kelly said...

Glad you're back. Missed ya! Eat some veggies and lots of fiber and maybe you'll get rid of that poopedness!