Playing catch up

Thursday, May 28, 2009

First, I’d like to thank you all for your support and kind words during my recent pity party. Your comments and emails meant a lot to me. While I’m sorry so many of you find yourself in the same boat, it’s kind of comforting to realize I’m not all alone in this struggle. And, you know, it’s all about me. Ha!

Second, I’d like to apologize for being so very absent. I am reading your blogs, but felt I had nothing of interest to say, so I haven’t been commenting. And that’s bad. Reading and commenting is something I really enjoy and am looking forward to getting back to.

Third, I was going to extend an invitation for someone, anyone, to come over here and give me a swift kick in the ass. But it turns out I don’t need it. Right out of the blue, I feel better. I realized today that I felt pretty darned good. Boom! Gone as quickly as it came. Suddenly, I had about 14 things I wanted to write about, whereas yesterday, I had none. I hope this is a permanent change of mood.

The dieting (ugh, I hate that word) is going well. (For me, anyway. Mr. Jelly Belly told me the other day that something I was cooking for myself smelled like "baked armpit".) I’m not going to harp on it too much here, but I’ll update you occasionally. Going with the “21 days to create a habit” premise that Cam-who-is-not-so-evil can tell you about, I’ve decided to do everything in 21 day increments. And I’m not getting on the scale again until three weeks has passed. Unless my pants are falling off of me and I’m dying of curiosity. So, yeah…three weeks it is.

Still haven’t got my extra-large thighs moving on the treadmill yet. I told myself I could not buy even one more thing on the internet until I had exercised 21 days in a row. But, after reviewing the implications of that, I told myself that being hefty was no reason to subject myself to a such a terrible fate. I’ll have to find some less painful motivation.

Which reminds me…as I often do when this funky mood overtakes me, I consoled myself with a little internet retail therapy. Oh, the things I have bought. QVC loves me again. As a result, I’ve got some interesting and fun things to tell you about. Mostly in the area of beauty products (natch) and supplements. (And I really think it’s one of the supplements that got me back on track.) I love one of the things I bought So Much (it’s a hair thing), I might post it over the weekend. Have I piqued your curiosity? Stay tuned.

Thanks again, everyone (especially those of you who gave me blog awards – as soon as I figure out what I’m supposed to do with them, I’ll post about it!).

12 comments:

kristisummer said...

Welcome back...I missed you.

Anonymous said...

"baked armpit"-LOL!!! Oh, I needed a good laugh, thank you. That so cracked me up! I am "dieting" too and I think that's a good idea not weighing for 3 weeks. I need to quit weighing myself too because I'm unrealistic, I expect the scale to change overnight! haha. Glad you're back! :-)

Housewife Savant said...

Jel, does "piqued" mean pissed me off with impatience?
You've GOT TO post some of your new treasures tomorrow.
It's FRIDAY (T.G.) and I luuuuuurve your Friday doo-daddery.
I'm super glad you're back.

BetteJo said...

Has anyone ever called you a tease???

Cyndi said...

Hey, we had baked armpit for dinner too! It was on sale at the Food Lion. Seriously, glad you're feeling better. I missed you.

mommakin said...

I missed you, too!!! Glad you're back and feeling better!

kj said...

Glad you are feeling better! the 21 day rule...i should try that. I always heard 28 days, which seems much harder than 21. Good luck - stay strong!

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

Ha ha - you guys all make me laugh. I will not tell Mr. JB that you enjoyed his baked armpit comment;it will only encourage him.

BetteJo: why yes, yes they have - but not for years and never in this context. :)

Patty said...

Zombie Camevil is gonna get you for outing her! (Seriously, look at that sweet face of hers...could she have an evil bone in her body??)

I am so glad you are feeling better, and I can't wait to hear what supplement you are crediting with helping to get you back on track. I am going to guess something with Omega 3 or B12...hmmm...maybe I should go look on QVC and see whatthey are selling.

Camevil said...

Yeah, I knew you weren't going to be out of touch too long. We won't let you. Ease back into it, that's the ticket. It's like trying to quit smoking. There will be relapses. You just forgive yourself, forget about it and just move ahead. Like I need to even tell you that. *pfft*

And, you're ruining my street cred.

Looking forward to your newest consumer nuggets!

Karen Brown Letarte said...

So glad you are feeling better! You go, girl!
Oh, I am behind also on posting and commenting, work is just insane lately. Wanted to tell you, I just received a whole shipment of sample shampoo bars from Chagrin Valley (honey, beer & egg, babassu & marshmallow, chamomile & citrus, and herb garden), the JR Liggett bar for damaged hair you recommended, and also the Giovanni Direct Leave-In conditioner. I'll let you how I like them.

MaryRC said...

yay your back!! woo hoo! so i never got back to you on the hair soap. well it didnt work out for me, bad in so many ways. my husband says my body repels anything organic. says im a synthetic chick. HOWEVER my daughter started getting a rash from the soaps or shampoo in her shower and i offered her the soap and whaLa! rash is gone!