Challenge Update #1: One month down

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The truth is, I’m feeling pretty darned good about myself. I haven’t had sugar in any real way since July 20th (the ugly Milk Dud incident notwithstanding). I’ve been off white flour since August 9th. Okay, that was a little harder to give up than I anticipated, but I’m getting there. I’ve been diligently journaling and making a real effort to get back on track.

Over the last two weeks, since giving up all that oatmeal (waaaaaaahhhh) and playing around with separating carbs and protein, I’ve lost just under 4 pounds. Not too shabby.

When I wake up in the middle of the night, I go back to sleep and wait for a reasonable hour to get out of bed. I would like to say I have been on the treadmill every night, but that would be a bald-faced lie; I haven’t quite worked myself up to that kind of schedule yet. But when I do it, it’s not awful.

In fact, I feel pretty good. I’m not nodding off at work and I’m actually getting things done. Know what? This self-improvement stuff is okay!

My biggest goal over the next month is to get back to strength training. I’ve got my weights all shined up and ready to go. Wish me luck.

0 comments: