Sensa: An interesting final chapter

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

As most of you know, I ordered Sensa from HSN last month as an experiment to see if there was any truth at all to their claims that you could suppress your appetite and lose weight just by sprinkling this magical powder on your food. Oh, and you didn’t have to bother with changing the way you eat. Sensa would do it all for you, for a mere $60 per month.

After my experiment, I came to the not surprising conclusion that this stuff was pure crap and returned it.

So last night I mosied over to HSN to see if my return had been processed and, as long as I was there, decided to head over to the Sensa page and read the reviews. And guess what I found?

No Sensa anywhere.

It has been totally removed from their site, no doubt with only thousands of boxes marked “return to sender” to prove it ever existed.

Now that should tell us all something, shouldn’t it?

18 comments:

Mrs Jelly said...

They've all gone because I ordered their entire stock.
I'm now as thin as a pencil.

;o)

Kelly said...

Yep, too good to be true.

Tiffany said...

That does fall under too good to be true.

Please stop by my blog, Eat at Home and leave a comment today. Each comment is worth $1 for the Global Food Crisis fund and all you have to do is comment. SITS girls are great at that!

Lisa M said...

Surprise surprise..You'd think that HSN would review the products before they sold them. Oh well! Hopefully there wont be a problem with processing your return.

Camevil said...

Damn. I was going to order it, too.

Sarah :) said...

Yikes!!! That's crazy!

Brandy said...

Woah! Thank goodness they have a money back guarantee.

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

Yeah, Cam - sure you were. You can blame Jellybrain up there for taking away your opportunity to be effortlessly thin as a pencil. :)

And yeah, I would have never ordered it in the first place if they didn't have that 30-day no questions asked return policy.

Anonymous said...

Ditto the damn. Because I'm all about taking the effortless way out!

Camevil said...

Uh oh! A Sensa ad popped up when I was checking my web mail.

It's like a zombie!

Laura Marchant said...

Well, at least they stopped selling the stuff. Thank goodness you can get your money back.

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

See what happens, Cam, when you say you were just going to order it? They make sure you have the opportunity!

And P.S. - my credit card has been refunded.

Jennifer said...

Well that stinks? Hope you got your money back. Thanks for the warm welcome to SITS!!

Tanya said...

Oh man, what a bust! Hopefully you get all of your money back AND an apology!

Small House said...

I was interested to see how your test would turn out. Glad you can get your money back.

Liked your last post. We love dairy products! Need it or not, we eat it as a treat.

Have a great day!
Sandra

Anonymous said...

oh no. I just order a new protein powder. Hope my product isn't a scam. Love the Home Alone pic..one my fav movies

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

LOL, Kristi - I'm sure you're safe with the protein powder (unless the instructions say to sprinkle it on your Big Mac).

Melissa said...

*sigh* There's no easy way. I will go back to eatting my twinkies now :P