Start saving your pennies

Friday, April 24, 2009

Although it’s just a concept design for now, I know you’ll want to run out and buy this levitating Cloud Sofa (which won honorable mention in a design contest) the minute it becomes available.




No wires or pulleys, this comfy looking sofa is suspended in the air via magnets. Pretty strong ones, I would imagine. Awesome, right?

But I worry – will a small child or pet break the magnetic force if they wander underneath? What will it do to your pacemaker? Or the hard drive of your lap top? Yikes, what about my credit cards? Will I be able to pick it up at Wal-Mart? Pressing questions, indeed.

And, just for a giggle, I present to you the 50th Birthday Barbie. We look so much alike, it’s frightening. All she needs is a spiffy pair of reading glasses and we're twins!


Have a great weekend, everyone!

13 comments:

MizFit said...

and why do BOTH PICS remind me of the movie Wall-E!

Shelley said...

Barbie with a double chin?

Have.seen.everything.now.

Love it!

mommakin said...

Remember when someone worked up a menopause Barbie?

Not that I could relate or anything.

Uh-er-um-just sayin'...

Housewife Savant said...

I would be a little uncomfortable lying atop either.

No way I'm buying that couch, er cloud.
It's not just the skillion dollar price tag that's stopping me. It's a matter of safety.
(Plus with a standard sofa there's like, a 4x9' area I DON'T HAVE TO VACUUM. Duh.)

Have you seen the "Cougar Barbie" video? Find it on YouTube.
Killer.

Camevil said...

That sofa is so mod. I'd feel like Barbarella on it. So who cares if it messes with my pacemaker!

ACH said...

Haha! Love the Barbie...her legs are still lookin' great!

Sheryl said...

OMG...when did they sneak in my room and take that picture to model their barbie. LOL, actually it's probably more true then I would liek to admit.

Have a great weekend.

Cyndi said...

Mrs. Jelly Belly, I have met you and you are so misleading your poor readers who have not. You have much, much more in common with original Barbie than with 5oth Anniversary Barbie up there. I am outing you... Mrs. JB is a total hottie, y'all.

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

Is it any wonder why I love Cyndi so much? What an ego boost (even if you are blind in one eye and can't see out of the other). Big smooches, my friend!

Julie said...

I'm pretty sure my rear could overcome that magnetic force. But I like the idea!

kristisummer said...

Barbie is looking hot and skinny as always. Have a great weekend.

Sapphire said...

The sofa is totally weirding me out. Barbie...that's just wrong!
Funny post!

Little Lady Cakes said...

I want

that

sofa!