Tuesday Tidbits: Kellogg's FiberPlus Antioxidant Bars

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

As a rule, I’m not a big fan of snack bars. They usually have way too much sugar and nothing else going for them to make them worth wasting the calories on.

But when I heard about Kellogg’s new FiberPlus Antioxidants Bars, something made me want to give them a try. Okay, honestly? It was the fiber. Nine grams per bar!

The bars are available in two flavors, Chocolate Chip (120 calories) and Dark Chocolate Almond (130 calories). Each flavor has 7 grams of sugar and 2 grams of protein. And did I mention the 9 grams of fiber?

I tried the Dark Chocolate Almond and it was delish! I was shocked, actually. Yeah, so they’re not all natural and they’re certainly not organic, but for a once in a while quick fix to a chocolate craving, you could do a lot worse. A LOT worse.

Oh and by the way – there’s a 75 cent coupon on the website. That’ll help since they’re around $3 for a package of 5.

17 comments:

Bonnie said...

These look delicious! We also like the FiberOne bars. My kids really like the oats and peanut butter one and the chocolate chip one. They have a good mix of protein and fiber as well.

I'm going to check these out!

Thanks!

MoodyMommy said...

Stopping by from SITsta


Please come by my BLOG today!! I have something REALLY COOL happening!!

Housewife Savant said...

When did "I need CHOCOLATE" become "Woo-HOO fiber!"?
We're getting old.
Giving up the snack bar (for my kids) is not easy.
I was raised on the BRITTLE granola bars (STILL much sugar) and we've always got granola bars in our pantry. When I consider their failings it makes me want to cry a little bit.

Theresa said...

Thanks for the tip! I am all about some fiber! They look DElicious! Theresa

Heidi said...

These are great fiber or no fiber (but the fiber is a plus!).

Nana said...

Hmmm. I will have to give them try.

I love the flasher on your side bar!!!

Camevil said...

You had me at "chocolate almond."

And, I'm sorry, but I can't stop snickering at the naughty produce pic in your sidebar.

Tricia said...

Thanks so much for commenting me! SIts is turning out to be awesome!

Sheryl said...

Thanks for sharing. I just might go out and get a box to try.

kristisummer said...

even though most snack bars are full of junk.. I love them. Got to give these a shot. Thanks for the review.

sian aka gogo girl said...

Fibre is in everything these days-yes, I think it helps to fill you up - I will have to give these a try 35%-more room for the non-fibre stuff - love your site

Michelle said...

I'm really enjoying all the new higher fiber options. My husband is too.

Haven't tried these yet.

Debbie said...

I think I'd enjoy those almond ones too. They do sound good.

AiringMyLaundry said...

I should try one of those.

Things that help keep me regular are exciting after all! :)

Julie said...

They sound good...but that much fiber does not agree with me. In a "I have to into hibernation for the next 24 hours" kind of way. I know they say it takes your body time to get used to that much fiber, but good grief! I do have to go to work and be out in public sometimes :P

MaryRC said...

the older we get the closer we need to get to our old friend fiber... thanks for the tip and thanks for stopping by my blog via sits..

2Shaye ♪♫ said...

Mmmm, sounds yummy! I love dark chocolate and I love almonds. I think I'll have to try that kind, too!

~Shaye